I was never one to wear necklaces much. Once in a while, on occasion, but not everyday. Until now. Now, almost daily, I wear this chain around my neck. 3 charms dangling from a simple silver chain. Right after my mom passed away, my cousin Megan showed me a charm she was wearing. Called a thumbie, it was an impression of her father's thumbprint done digitally{he died just six months before my mom}; his name engraved on the back. So now I wear my mother's thumbprint, a key engraved with the word life, & a charm that reads I love you more {purchased here} ; these charms rest next to my heart. A talisman of sorts, I wear my necklace in celebration of my mother's life, the life she gave me, and the chain of love she & Dad started so many years ago.
Friday, August 21
Chain of Love
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
What a lovely rememberance of your beautiful loving mom!
beautiful leah!!
That's just beautiful Leah! And so is the love you so clearly still show for your mother...that kind of love stays with you even after they are gone. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!!
:) T
what a lovely way to remember her.....
and great photo of it
so cute. i really like it.
Such a beautiful sentiment and way to hold your mother close to your heart...
Post a Comment