I know you're not supposed to have favorites, but I do. Of all the shrubs in my yard, this one is my favorite. Such a pretty shade of purple. A big blooming bush. It's a late bloomer, though, the flowers making their entrance long after all the other flowers in my yard have arrived. Well worth the wait. This rose of sharon just seems to burst with blooms and buds everywhere. It makes me smile...makes the hot, dry "dog days" of August a little more pleasant. So, yes, it's a favorite of mine. Just don't tell that to the other shrubs around here, ok?
Tuesday, August 18
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So pretty. I have three of these shrubs in my side yard. I love them mostly because they attract bees, and I love bees. I call them my 'rosa-sharns'. Remember that from 'Grapes of Wrath'? how they pronounced the daughter's name? too funny.
i think it's great to have favorites.....
yes indeed.
xo
Post a Comment