School days are here again...my daughters are off to 5th grade & 8th grade this year. And since they are back to school, I thought I'd share a little canvas creation I made using a photo of school days long past. I used a copy of my dad's class picture from 1950. 4th grade class, Oakdale Elementary. Dad is the blond-haired boy standing next to the girl in the plaid dress{under the "4"}. Years later, two of his classmates became my uncle & my godfather. Uncle Joe is the blond-haired kid sitting between two girls{two fists in his lap} and Butchie{real name Andrew} is sitting next to the boy in front of my father{2nd boy in striped shirt...from the left}.
hint* If you click on the picture, you can see it up close.
Wednesday, August 19
School Days
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Love your school days canvas. What a great picture of people you love!
It turned out great and what a wonderful project to do as the girls are going back to school.
Oh Leah, what a sweetheart you are indeed! The fact that you would put a post up for people to come by and leave me a comforting word is just about the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time! THANK YOU soooo much for your kindness!!! I hope you have found some healing yourself since the loss of your mother...
T
I have missed your lovely blog and how lovely it looks!
Post a Comment