Sunday, August 9

Lost & Found

After leaving our daughters behind in NY{ to spend another week with my cousin whom they affectionately call "Aunt Deanna"}, my husband & I made our way westward to return home. Unlike our trip back East, on this journey we took a less direct route at a more leisurely pace.

As we traveled through Ohio, we stopped here:


An antique mall called the "Heart of Ohio"...it was huge! A place so big I didn't have time to see it all, it was here that I got "lost" and found myself again. As I wandered up and down the aisles, getting lost among all the antiques & cast-aside treasures, I was able to forget about everything else for a little while. Forgetting to be
~a mom missing her children
~a wife wondering how bored her husband might be
~a daughter mourning her mom
For a few short hours, I was just "me", just Leah. Funny thing...I stopped here hoping to find some pretty lil' items to bring home{oh don't worry, I did!} and I found something I wasn't looking for: me! All in all, it was a very succesful shopping spree.
Here's a peek of some things I purchased:


bonnet & baubles



keys


vessels







2 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

I am so glad you found you! It is wonderful to be able to lose yourself if only for a little while!

Wonderful goodies that you found.

Unknown said...

Glad you got to have some "me" time! And your finds are awesome!!!

:) T