Last week, I mentioned there was more to the story on this photo...
Our boy Boomer is now almost 10 months old. Like most dogs, he spent most of his early puppy days chewing everything in sight. Naturally, we tried to distract/entertain him with a variety of toys. It was our hope, that as he
For the most part, now Boomer just chews on the toys we give him. Or rather, he tears them to pieces. He's grown, so naturally, his teeth are bigger too. And Boomer knows just how to use them to annihilate any dog toy we can find.Seriously, I've lost track of how many toys this dog of ours has been through...and how many dollars we've spent. When Brett picked out the toy pictured in these photos, I thought maybe, this one will be indestructible. After all, it's made of the same material as an actual firehose.
No such luck. This toy did fare better than the other toys he's had; Boomer played with it for several days before destroying it. So, believing we'd found a "long-lasting" toy, we bought another one for our sweet Shepherd. And it was a goner within a few hours.
So there you have it...the rest of the story. In Boomer's world, the life expectancy of a toy is less than a day.






7 comments:
i love it. he is so cute. at least it's a toy. but yes, that could get really expensive.
Oh, I just have to laugh as the toys for Tinky and Snickers last a very long time (as long as we can find where they are hidden!).
Hi Leah, Boomer needs a "heavy duty" sized toy . . this little guy is going to be a big boy. I gave my Buttons (rot/pit mixed) the same kind of toy the first time and she "destroyed" the toy instantly. Sort of funny . . . and kind of expensive too. Blessings, Sandy:O)
oh, too funny. we have the same issue here, but with our seven-month-old son... not that he rips them to shreds, but that he is done with after trying them once.... teething toys, that is. we finally found one that works wonderfully and that he thinks is a keeper, though. i wrote about it on my blog...
http://itsjusthowiseethings.blogspot.com/2012/01/short-story.html
your dog is so cute! makes me want to get one.
Toooooooooo cute! And yes, I do know a thing or two about destructive little doggies, mine was the same. Her toys would last one hour, she was a Jack Russell, need I say more?
Thanks for sharing. It is always so peaceful to visit your space.
Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina
i should send you most of fergie's. she just a couple that are her favorites and the rest get ignored for some reason.
Love this..... Boomer looks like the sweetest puppy! With a face like that, and eyes that beg you to love him, who cares about all the 'lost' toys!
This is my first time here... found your link at Creative Carmelina's. So glad I stopped by.
Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places.........
Post a Comment