I'm a little late joining the party...story of my life...
Just the other day, when I was bouncing around blogs for TextureTuesday, I happened upon this gal's site and her interesting photo challenge. Simply put, each month she presents a theme & encourages you to focus the camera on you{your own self-portraits, or selfies as she calls them}. You can read more about Urban Muser's In The Picture here.
The theme this month is "A Piece of Me". Since I'm seeking to step out of my comfort zone a bit, I thought I'd give it a whirl.
They feed and soothe and comfort. They rest and clasp in prayer. My hands let go and my hands hold on. At times they are steadfast, at times they tremble. They "speak" when I speak. They care for my family, my friends, and me.
Day after day, they serve me well. They live and love. These hands of mine.
*Note: Only my left hand is pictured...because I'm a leftie, a southpaw. And because, ironically, my right hand was busy working the camera.






13 comments:
Hi!
Beautiful shots of you. Have a great day!
Sherrie
Food for Thought
i love these shots.
Lovely post... great shots.
Nice shots- I'm left handed too!
i like these! i also chose to use my hands for my shot... that was as brave as i could get. =)
mine are also weathered from the son... and being 40. for some reason, my hands were the first thing that started to show my age. i miss my soft-skinned hands. that's why i made mine blurry in my shot.
i like the picture you paint of how hands soothe and comfort. and rest and clasp... beautifully said. i hope my hands can be found doing the same.
love your blog and am following now. looking forward to seeing more s.p. photos.
these are great shots! i wear my grandmother's wedding ring set and i've been thinking about trying to photograph my hand with it on...you have inspired me!
these are beautiful. and i love your words too. thanks for linking up at {in the picture}!
Hey there, I'm a leftie too! Our hands say alot about us, same thing with the eyes as well too. Have a beautiful Sunday Leah, Sandy:O)
Such lovely, evocative shots! And your words add so much to the post. I hope it's okay if i "borrow" your idea for my next "selfie" -- I am loving the challenge but have a hard time putting myself on the other side of the lens...
Lovely concept and execution!
Leah....you are such a beautiful soul!
I love what you've done here...and your photos only equal your brilliant grasp on life! Gorgeous!
How truly inspirational you are to me!
ciao bella
Creative Carmelina
Thanks for beautifully showing a piece of yourself. I love the photo of the apple with your wedding rings showing. Lovely hands.
Catherine Denton
Love turning the camera on us! Love your photos!
Post a Comment