Thursday, November 3

The Month November

For reasons I can't explain, the month of November is a difficult one for me.  It seems most of its days are damp & dreary, and my mood generally reflects this grey gloom.  Sure enough, as I type this post, the weather outside is cold, cloudy and wet.  Snow is in the forecast...ick! {As if to spite me, Mother Nature did allow the month to make a grand entrance on its first day here with the temperature reaching a balmy 78 degrees and sunshine to spare.}

Simply put, November gets me down.  Perhaps it's because the cheery colors of autumn fade too quickly.  More likely, it's because November is a harbinger of winter and all its wicked weather.  Every year it's the same...November rolls around...turning me into somewhat of a sourpuss.  I know this.  I expect it.  And still, I really would like to shake "the blahs" it brings me.
After all, Thanksgiving is a part of this month and with it comes some of my fondest memories and moments.  So, in the spirit of this holiday, I'm challenging myself to focus on the gifts November has to offer. And turn my thoughts to those of gratitude...the gathering of family & friends...lingering in the warmth of our cozy home. 
Reminding myself of the many blessings bestowed upon me is bound to put a smile on my face.  Then maybe, just maybe, I can be rid of those "November negatives" once and for all.

4 comments:

traci said...

i think that is a great way to get rid of the negative november feelings. i truly don't get those feelings until january. i am thankful for you and sheila coming into my life!!!

PCovi said...

Ohhhh no! Not me! It's like how we are all 98.6 degrees yet some of us are hot and some are cold, I guess.
Put on a soft, pretty sweater and some cute boots and gloves and go on a nature walk with a little child :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Leah...
I'm Feeling so sad for you. I don't like grey, cold days either, but what can you do but grin and bare it, right...

You'll manage to pull through, like you always do...and I will too....

Ciao bella
Creative Carmelina

Sheila Rumney said...

I too get this feeling but it doesn't usually happen until after Christmas and after all the festivities. Then it hits hard... going to work and coming home in the dark.

You are one of my blessings that I count each day, dear friend.

love you!