Wednesday, May 18

A Secret

We have a secret, just we three...

the robin, the pear tree, and me...
Bet ya can guess what it is!

*When I was a little girl, I had a book of nursery rhymes & poems that I loved to read.  One of my favorites started out..."we have a secret, just we three: the robin, the cherry tree and me"...I can't remember the title of that poem or the author.  But, every time I see a nest in a tree, I recall these lines and the little "secret".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how darling that is!
I'm going to share this my 11 yr. Old daughter....it is a custom we both shall adopt!

Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Miss Gracie's House said...

smile...simple childhood summer days...sweet!
rene

Farmgirl Paints said...

awwww

Tricia said...

Sweet. Maybe there will be some eggs in that next soon :)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hello Leah, Always sweet! Blessings friend, Sandy:O)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your permission. Your photos are always so inspirational to me! Always have been and always will be.

Ciao Bella!



CREATIVE CARMELINA

Kristi McInerney said...

great photos!

YONKS said...

This is the complete poem by an anonymous English author:

We have a secret, just we three,
The robin, and I, and the sweet cherry-tree; The bird told the tree, and the tree told me,
And nobody knows it but just us three.


But of course the robin knows it best, Because she built the nest,I shan't tell the rest; And laid the four little eggs in it. I'm afraid I shall tell it every minute.


But if the tree and the robin don't peep, I'll try my best the secret to keep; Though I know when the little birds fly about
Then the whole secret will be out.

Lovely of you to bring it back around!
XOX