Friday, May 6

Desktop Design

In order to feed my Photoshop addiction...and to have another reason for spending my hubby's hard-earned dollars on digital doodads...I started making my own desktop designs. 


Each month I create a new one to display on my monitor.  And because I have so much fun (and because of that lil' addiction thing}, I make one for my husband's computer{I keep his "frill-free"}...and one for my dear friend Sheila...and one for her sister, Sherri, too!

Luckily, my hubby & friends allow me to play...sending me photos when I request them...and offering me lots of support for my habit. 

Sometimes, I keep the designs simple & easy-peasy.  Other times, I make them more festive and full of embellishments.

Usually, I add a bit of shabby chic to the desktops I create.  And always, a personal touch.

I just love making these for myself and my loved ones.  I enjoy the design work play...and it gives my brain some exercise, too!

*the first three desktop designs I made for my computer; the last two I made for Sheila (& Sherri)

**you can usually find free desktops to download here & here

3 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

you ALWAYS impress me with your mad skills! wowza...kinda wish i had photoshop, but i'd probably never leave my computer seat if i did!

Sheila Rumney said...

I love my desktops, each time I sit down to my commuter it brings a smile to my face and it is a reminder of you, my dear friend.

Counting down the days!!!

traci said...

beautiful leah. i have digital stuff on my computer but have yet to use it to create anything. you should have a little business and create those for others.