Wednesday, March 9

Labor of Love

If you've read this post, then you know that one way I love to spend my time is decorating & re-decorating our home.  While my husband doesn't always encourage these endeavors of mine, Brett's usually very supportive.  Even when he knows he's going to do most of the work!
Brett's most recent "labor of love" happened last autumn, when we I decided our bedroom needed a new look.



My dear hubby painted the new color {Sea Spray} over the old, covered the wainscoting in a pale grey {Silver Birch}, added vintage doorknobs to new curtain rods, put up the curtains{also new}, made a headboard out of an old door we found at a local antique shop, and painted two nightstands. 


Despite all of that work, Brett still managed to build & paint a table that stands under the tv{yes, we do have one in the bedroom}.  He even spray-painted all the frames hanging on the wall!


Oh, don't worry, I did some of the work, too. I planned & shopped, added trim to the lampshades, "staged" all the decorative items, made the bed; and, of course, I supervised the whole project:)

After a "little bit" of labor + a whole lot of love, I think our room is now one sweet dream! 


*P.S.  While I'm a born perfectionist, my husband sort of becomes one whenever painting {or any kind of construction} is involved...I make offers to help, but he most often prefers to just do it all.
Thank you, sweetie, for the many labors of love you do!  Lovin' you is no labor at all.

6 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Love your bedroom? Can you send him my way as my DH doesn't have the time now... Maybe after the kids go to college (that's years away).

traci said...

what a gorgeous room. i love all the vintage treasures tucked in every nook and cranny. beautiful leah. what a great guy. i am the painter in this family. my husband isn't neat enough for me. i love the table your husband built. it would be awesome to have a carpenter in the family.

Farmgirl Paints said...

it looks so soft and pretty leah. love the white frames on the wall. great place to cuddle in:)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hello Leah, I think it's neat how the two of you do it together . . how sweet that is. You sure have the decor down right . . looks absolutely beautiful, love the accessories too. Sandy:O)

Miss Gracie's House said...

Sounds like me and my Mr...I dream and he makes it happen:)...love the re-do...so fresh and spring-y!
Rene
THANK YOU for the sweet anniversary wishes...we had a wonderful time together.

Anonymous said...

He's a keeper. I am a new visitor to your blog and like it. The new bedroom is really cute! Visit me at my blog sometimes. tiff