Last post for All Four Love and the theme is Love Your Passion.
When I was a young girl, I dreamed of becoming a wife & mother and one of these...a photographer, an interior designer, or a teacher. Since I couldn't draw or paint to save my life, I convinced myself I'd never be able to handle the art classes I imagined necessary for the first two occupations. So, I became a teacher.
Yes, I love, love taking pictures. I also love, love decorating our home. Isn't it funny, after all these years, how the yearnings of little-girl me are being fulfilled by grown-up me?! I can {and do} spend hours taking photos, editing photos and playing in Photoshop. Filling our home with vintage treasures and shabby stuff equals fun time for me. And I've been known to change "the look" of a room on a whim{much to my hubby's chagrin}!
So, while I harbor no designs that these activities will bring me great accolades or monetary gain, pursuing my passions has been its own reward. I've followed my dreams...and landed right where I'm supposed to be. And that I'm loving!







4 comments:
Love your pictures and your passion. Beautiful!
I read something once that said in order to determine what your purpose is, you can go back to what you loved to do as a child. Those passions are so deeply engrained in us, they've been there all along! I have so many pictures of me in my own world, with my imaginary friend, making up stories... it's no wonder I became a writer! :) I love your photos...and thanks for playing along!
I agree about all those dreams in your little girl heart. I feel like I am finally living mine. Wonderful post and thanks for playing along!
love, love. ah, and that first shot--awesome. your passions are evident in your blog.=)
Post a Comment