Tuesday, November 24

A Thankful Heart

Though this past year has been one fraught with sorrow and loss, it still brought goodness and laughter, too. Oftentimes, it has been difficult for me to look past this fog of grief, and yet
my heart is still a thankful one.
~thankful to have loved & been loved by an amazing mother
~thankful for the decade of "sisterhood" I shared with Janie
~thankful to have seen, felt & known true love
~thankful that I share wedded bliss with my Mr. Right
~thankful to be graced with motherhood...to be blessed
with happy & healthy children
~thankful for the best next-door-neighbor
a girl could have...my wise father
~thankful for my "baby" brother...because of him
I wasn't a lonely child
~thankful to call my mother-in-law, my friend
~thankful for the love of a big family,
the dear company of friends,
the sweet comforts of home
~thankful for my life's journey
{the good, the bad, & the ugly)
~thankful for that picture of my mother & my daughter holding hands
from my thankful heart to yours~~ Happy Thanksgiving

4 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh Leah that was so touching. The holidays are hard. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweet friend. Love that picture too:) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sheila Rumney said...

You are truly blessed! What a great photo that will be forever cherished. My thoughts are with you dear friend.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

that was beautiful...
Taking a few hours to read some favorite blogs...one of my favorite things to do and something I have done very little of in recent days. I have some wonderful families featured on my holiday blog...
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

Kasey said...

yes...that was touching Leah!
I hope your thanksgiving was lovely with your family around you even though i know your mother was sitting there watching everything.
xo