The first nickname I was given I don't remember being called it, I just know the story. I was a toddler and my mother was hanging up curtains. She wasn't having an easy time of it, getting frustrated by the minute, and about to curse when she remembered I was in the room. And out it came: fizzleditch. I'm guessing it became my nickname during my "terrible twos". A nickname I do remember--and I loathe being called it--is one that only two people can use without fear of bodily harm coming to them. And they would be the ones who made it up...when we were small children, my brother Sean and my cousin Deanna called me Leah-Peah. I suppose they liked the rhyme...I didn't, for obvious reasons. There have been a few other nicknames here & there throughout my years. Occasionally Mom would call me Leo and Sean often calls me Sissy. But, the one I like the most is one, again, my mother bestowed upon me. Years ago, a much younger cousin of mine was having trouble pronouncing my name. Mom asked Devin if he could say "lollipop" and he could. So, she suggested that he call me lollipop...which he did. Now, Devin has long since grown and no longer calls me that. But, my dear cousin Megan {whom I call MeMe} does; she shortened it to Lolly. MeMe has been addressing me as Lolly for so long now, the nickname just stuck {pun intended}!
Monday, November 9
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I always look at nick names as "terms of endearment!" People wouldn't give you/call you by a nickname if they didn't love you :)
Yep, your ornament will be on it's way this week...and a little something extra for all of your patience :)
Have a great week Leah!!!
:) T
So cute!!! I didn't have a nickname growing up...what do you do with Jeanne? My kids call my sister Lu Lu after her middle name Luella.
So cute ;) No nicknames here but I always find stories of other people's fascinating! Especially the ones that stick... ;)
Post a Comment