Forget about dripping me with diamonds, just give me gobs of glitter. If it sparkles, shimmers, or glimmers, it's sure to put a smile on my face! Like this glitzy little bird I spied in a recent PotteryBarn catalog. At $12 {for a pair}...& free shipping...I ordered a pair faster than you can say "glass glitter"! One bird sits atop a shelf in my scraproom; the other, the one pictured here, adorns a birdhouse in our powder room.
I clipped the sparkly sparrow to a few lilac sprigs{purchased at 100Wishes}, glued the bunch to a magnet, and voila, this beautiful birdie sits perched on the rooftop. Now, a glamorous bird such as this surely deserves a gilded nest. So, I took some plastic eggs and a plain nest that I had {bought at a local craft store}, sprayed some adhesive on them, and added lots of glitter to the eggs and mica flakes to the nest. Resting on some raffia, the nest sparkles and shines below the birdhouse. And it's a glitter-y tweet...um, treat...that makes me smile.
Sunday, November 15
Glitter-y Tweet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Just love your glittery nest and bird! Hope you don't mind if I glitter a nest for me!
Can't wait to tell you all about SB!
Oh Leah I love them...you know I have a bit of an obsession with birds and nests...my friend calls me "the crazy bird lady!" That PB sure has been cranking out some good stuff lately!
Your ornament went out priority mail on Friday morning, so you should have it soon :)
:) T
So cute!
I just picked up a sweet little bird at the dollar store to glitter. :)
I love the bird but I love all the things you added glitter to also....beautiful and perfect!!
Great idea...love it. I may even try my hand at this craft.
Post a Comment