Well...the countdown has begun. At least in our house it has. What countdown you ask? The countdown to Christmas , of course.
About 8 years ago, my friend Sheila and I, along with our children, started getting together the Saturday after Thanksgiving for, what we like to call, a Christmas Tea.{We don't actually drink tea, but we each put our beverage choice into a holiday teacup.} It's become an annual tradition for us... a time for moms & kids to kick off the holiday season. The girls & I pack up & spend the night at Sheila's house {our hubbies bunk at my house for the evening}; we eat, craft, and play. And, of course, we start our Christmas countdown. In the beginning, the kids made a simple red and green paper chain. But, a few years ago, we saw an idea using a K&CO accordion album. That year during our "tea", Sheila and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning putting our countdown albums together. The bags under my eyes eventually disappeared {I think!}; the treasured album became a part of our annual tradition.



3 comments:
Just love our countdowns and especially our time together. Love you guys!! Thanks for such and enjoying time!
Sounds like fun! We just got our tree decorated yesterday so we are filled with Christmas spirit here ;)
fun!!
cute new header.
k-
Post a Comment