Monday, December 22

Blue Christmas

For those of you who may not know, the death {two weeks ago} of my sister-in-law Janie was a devastating blow to my family & me. To say that our Christmas will be blue is an understatement...it's hard to be merry with such a loss. But today I came across a quote here http://k8tykat.typepad.com that has given me just a bit of comfort.

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight." ~ Kahlil Gibran

{Thank you, Ms. Yeary, for letting me "bloglift"}

4 comments:

Molly said...

Oh sweetie I am so sorry for your loss, especially this close to the holidays. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Leah, my sincere condoleces to you and your loved ones. I will include you in my prayers. I have heard that quote before and it is very comforting...

Joy
xo

Sheila Rumney said...

You and your family are in my prayers. If you need anything, please let me know.

Love you,

Sheila

SL said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. Please find the peace and comfort God can give you during this difficult time. Remember many people are praying for you and your family.