Tuesday, April 15

What Cancer Cannot Do

In a previous post, I wrote that my cousin-in-law Danny is battling lung cancer. Danny has been such a trooper...enduring chemo & radiation five times a week for a few weeks now...all the while maintaining a positive attitude and his sense of humor. I hear the nurses at Sloan-Kettering just love him! That's our Danny! For some time now, I've been sending Danny cards in hopes of offering him encouragement. But really, he's the one giving the rest of us hope & encouragement. In a card he sent me recently, I found enclosed a poem. The author unknown, the words are nonetheless inspiring:
What Cancer Cannot Do
It cannot cripple love...It cannot shatter faith...It cannot corrode hope
It cannot dissolve friendship...It cannot suppress memories...
It cannot silence courage...It cannot invade the soul...
It cannot steal eternal life...It cannot conquer the spirit

No comments: