Recently, my friend Sheila and I ordered gobs of ribbons from Andrea Singarella's shop, One Hundred Wishes. We simply couldn't resist all those yummy colors. See for yourself...aren't they just the loveliest? The ribbons in this photo are just a few we purchased. Next to patterned paper, ribbon is my favorite scrapbooking supply. I just love the colors, the textures, the patterns. Can't get enough of them. In fact, I've collected so many ribbons that I store them, by color, in glass jars; my dh even made a special cabinet to hold all of them! I'm not sure when exactly my "obsession" with ribbon began, but I would venture to guess that it all started with my Aunt Nancy. You see, when I was a young girl about 5 yrs old, my aunt & uncle had their own business; they were florists. They had 2 0r 3 flower shops and some greenhouses. On most weekends, my Dad would help out, watering flowers & such, in the greenhouses. And often times, I would tag along. Not in the greenhouses so much...too hot and muggy...instead I could be found near my Aunt Nancy, watching her put together the most beautiful floral arrangements. And in her workshop, of course, was a rainbow of ribbons. Usually, at the end of the day, just before Dad was ready to take me home, Aunt Nancy would let me choose a ribbon. Once I made my choice, my aunt would snip off a strand. Then, she'd tie a pretty bow in my hair. And I would go home feeling oh so pretty. All because of a ribbon.
Tuesday, April 8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh, I just love that ribbon! Can't wait to get mine! What special memories you have with your Aunt and Uncle.
Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Love,
Sheila
Post a Comment