Sunday, April 27

Good Morning, Gutterpecker


He's baaaaack. I call him the Midwestern Dopeheaded Gutterpecker, but he's probably commonly known as your average woodpecker. More like a wacko woodpecker, if you ask me. You see, last summer we had this mentally-challenged woodpecker who didn't peck wood like any normal bird with this moniker. Oh no, this guy pecks metal...more specifically, the gutters attached to our house! Imagine being awakened from your Sunday morning reverie by this guy "rat-a-tat-tatting" on your gutter...it sounds like a jackhammer in use. A really loud jackhammer. Well now, bright & early this morning, our "gutterpecker" has returned to make his presence heard. Loudly. Happily drilling away on our gutter. Oh, the sounds of nature...what joy!

1 comment:

Sheila Rumney said...

I just laughed as I read your post. As you know, I am awaken by sounds of nature every morning that live with us... we call them Snickers and Tinky! Oh, to actually be able to sleep past 6:00 am. I wouldn't know what to do with myself!!!!