Friday, March 30

In The Picture {black & white}

*Another self-portrait for In the Picture...

I've always loved black and white photography...the contrast of dark and light. 
And just like the photo, you could say I'm a "study in contrasts":
--a daydreamer who overthinks everything
--a quiet introvert who's often loud & opinionated
--as a student I hated speaking in front of the class
but I went to college to become a teacher
--a bookworm who loves going to the movies
--a cat lover who lives with a {big} German Shepherd

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Nice portrait! I like the way you got yourself looking so casual before dashing from the camera to the chair!

Sheila Rumney said...

Love your picture. Love you!

Becs said...

Great capture, love how you look so thoughtful and I love your list of contradictions too - I can really relate. :)

Cathy H. said...

This is so beautiful! I love the light coming through the window on your face and the way you composed the shot!

gina said...

This is a wonderful selfie -- how did you get yourself so relaxed before the shot? Love your list of contrasts -- I can relate to most of them.

urban muser said...

beautiful portrait. thanks for linking up at {in the picture} this month!

Zena said...

Beautiful composition, love your list too

Leah C said...

Thank you ladies...my "relaxed, casual look" was achieved by using the timer on my camera AND a remote to snap the photo;)

Miss Gracie's House said...

LOVE!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this photo! It is tranquil and thought provoking! .....and black and white always gets to me! Every time!



Beautiful self-portrait, Leah.
Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina