Monday, January 25

Tray Collage


It's been a while since I sat in my scraproom and just "played"...so the other day that's exactly what I decided to do. And this printer's tray from 7gypsies was the perfect toy. I had some Blue Awning paper left over {and since I love it so much}, I used it as the background for each space in the tray. The rest of the "toys" came from my stash {the only new items I used for the collage were the bird stamp and the tag} and I put them all together to create this collage of memories celebrating our marriage. It felt good--this creative play of mine--and it's about time.

For the curious, here are some specs about my tray collage:

*old pocketwatch in upper left corner{I used E6000 glue}
*bird stamp from the Victoria stamp set by 7Gypsies
*chipboard monogram from BasicGrey
*the key says "heart" and it's from the TimHoltz collection
*chipboard house from MayaRoad
* the little green heart, "memories", & "gift" are K&Co BlueAwning stickers
*for the tiny glass bottles{lowerleft corner}, I put blue glass glitter in one and mica in the other
*I used rub-ons for the "love you more" on the tag {PinkPaislee CupidCollection} & for the numbers
*the metal plaque{above gift sticker} is an old MM product and it says:
"Nothing should be prized more highly than the value of each day" --Goethe

4 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Love it!!! I want to play with one of those trays!!!

Unknown said...

Oh Leah it's so wonderful!!! I'm glad you got a chance to play and have creative time for yourself...that's the best...especially when your efforts turn out this great!!!

:) T

Jeanne Oliver said...

This is so gorgeous! I have this tray and I have really been wanting to play with it...thanks for the motivation!!!

Cheryl McKinney said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful music choices . . . I've been just sitting here enjoying your songs while reading your blog . . . very relaxing, indeed . . . :o)