Wednesday, January 6

Resolution

Come January 1st, I'm not one to make & keep resolutions. It seems being a perfectionist and a procrastinator works against me...so why set myself up for failure? {the perfectionist in me can't take it} I do, however, like to reflect on the promise -- the potential -- the new year holds. And, like everyone else, I hope the year ahead brings joy, good health, and prosperity. That it doesn't bring trouble & sorrow. No, I don't really make resolutions; but I do resolve to keep this quote in mind as 2010 unfolds...


Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
~Mary Jean Irion

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am the same way! Perfectionist procrastinator. That's why I don't make resolutions either. I do have many hopes for the new year...but will try to take it one day at a time...I LOVE that quote...so beautiful...I am going to have to write it down so I don't forget. Thanks for sharing your inspiration Leah ;)

SL said...

Love the look of your blog. Have a wonderful new year.

Unknown said...

Ahh yes, a wonderful quote!!! I don't really make resolutions either...more just remind myself to strive to do His will and be the best wife/mom/friend I can!

I'm glad your pkg arrived safe and sound...thank you again Leah!

:) T

Sea Dream Studio said...

That is a beautiful quote!!! I love it! Happy New Year and thank you for always leaving such sweet comments on my blog!
Hope the snow stops soon.
xo~Dale