Tomorrow is a special day. Brynn's birthday. Though it seems like only yesterday I held her in my arms for the very first time, she is about to be sixteen...
sweet sixteen. Wait a minute, my girl, sweet??? Silly...most definitely. Sassy...absolutely. Sweet...hmmm...
Yes, there are times I witness Brynn being very sweet, times when ~ she helps Reilly with her math homework, takes Boomer for walks, whispers "te amo, Madre" to me, ~ signs of the sweet girl within her do show. But sweet sixteen? Ok, can't sugarcoat that one...
My darling daughter is oftentimes moody and stubborn. She is, on occasion, a bit lazy & petulant. And she sometimes has an attitude that needs adjusting...I don't call her "Queen B" because she's a member of the monarchy! So perhaps, she isn't sweet in the very sense of the word; but, she is so many sweet things that make Brynn uniquely her.
This child of mine makes her own music and dances to the beat of a different drummer. She pushes boundaries without breaking them. She's bright, assertive, hilarious, dramatic, and fiercely independent.
Qualities which I find equally admirable and maddening, depending on the circumstances. Outgoing and outrageous, Brynn has more self-assuredness in her little finger than I have in my entire body.
She is fearless {except for spiders} and strong. Oh how I love her so. And life is most definitely sweeter with dear Brynn in it.
Happy Sweet 16th Birthday, dear daughter! And remember...
"I would go to the ends of the Earth, 'cuz darling, to me that's what you're worth...where you lead I will follow, anywhere that you tell me to. If you need, need me to be with you, I will follow where you lead."
Love you more-- Madre






5 comments:
We just celebrated our Daughters 17th birthday yesterday :-)
Sending many wishes for a very Happy Birthday!
dear, congratulations, you really have a beautiful daughter. greetings from the flaws of Italian girls
Hi Leah, Only a Mom crazy about her babies can talk like that . . I only have one daughter but I'm crazy about her, love her like mad. Happy B Day Brynn! Blessings too, Sandy:o)
happy happy birthday to your beautiful daughter. what sweet words from her mama. i love the photo of her looking down with the wind through her hair!!!! great shot leah.
Happy birthday dear Brynn! Love you!
Post a Comment