Saturday, August 20

How I Spent...

Remember back in grade school...those first few days just after the new school year began...the teacher would ask each student to write a short essay on "How I Spent My Summer Vacation".  Did you ever have to do that?  I know I did. 


So anyway, I thought I'd share with you how I spent much of my "summer sabbatical".  Don't worry, I'm not writing an essay for you...just a few words and some photos.  After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

{me, my cousin Deanna, & my brother Sean}

Mostly, I spent the time hanging out with my family...my "peeps" as some say...a little shopping, some swimming, lots of fun & games.

{Reilly, Brynn, & cousin Ryan...being goofy}

We talked, we laughed, we played.  Just enjoying being together.

{my hubby Brett, my Uncle Joe, & my Dad Steve}

Because it's not often we're all together.  My brother lives in Texas.  Deanna, Ryan & Uncle Joe live in New York.  Our home sits smack-in-the-middle...here in the Midwest.

{dinner out...at our favorite Japanese steakhouse}

And so, we were making moments count.  Making memories. 

{Ryan, Deanna, Brynn & Reilly}

Because that's what matters.  Family matters.

{the pool "train"}

4 comments:

traci said...

that's what memories are made of. lots of time spent together. i see lots of smiles and laughter in those photos. wonderful. love the new look of the blog.

Sheila Rumney said...

What great memories with your family. Love your new header and blog look! Can't wait until next weekend!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I did the essay thing too...so much fun!
I love the relaxing feeling in this post! And your "family matters" tie in....beautiful!

Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Miss Gracie's House said...

It IS what matters...great photos to capture it all.
Rene