Most everyone who knows me well considers me a "neat-freak". I even consider myself a neat-freak. My dh & children are quite familiar with the phrase: "a place for everything & everything in its place". Some people {ie my family} might suggest I have an OCD; but, not me.
That's because I know about my secret stashes of clutter...stacks of stuff that get tucked away for me to deal with another day...some other day that never seems to arrive. But, weeks & weeks ago, I was inspired by this sweet lady & her honesty to conquer my clutter. And so, I started with this drawer full of scrap paraphernalia and pared it down to this...
and then I tackled this messy spot...
and cleaned it up so now it looks like this...
much better, I think. At least, now I can walk into my dining room without grimacing.
but that's for another day;) Like Miss Rene says...baby steps.








5 comments:
clutter sneaks up on ya doesn't it. i am fine with clutter tucked neatly somewhere i can't see it, but clutter that i can see drives me crazy. i have a front porch that is a little cluttered. i think i will tackle that today. thanks for the inspiration.
I have a few closets and stacks and stacks {and stacks} of pictures that need to be put into an album...maybe it's time I tackle my clutter too!
Hope you are having a good week!!
xo
:) T
Leah, I can so relate . . neat freak too, I know it drives my family crazy. Someone could be visiting and I see dust, as soon they leave, I'm dusting. Why . . this is crazy, hey, I just Windex before I starting blogging tonight . . too funny! Sandy:O)
I too find clutter just finds its way into my life (especially having 2 kids and a husband)haha!
I have been trying these past several months to declutter... Its a ongoing process. By the way yours doesn't look as cluttered as mine!
oh, my! I think I just took a lot of steps backwards...but tomorrow is a new week! It is time to start again...the sales do this to me...but thank you so much for encouraging ME to get going!
Rene
Post a Comment