Wednesday, April 6

She

Raising two daughters...a teen and a tween...can make a mother feel like she's on a constant roller-coaster.  Loving them is easy.  Living with them can be the challenge.  This beautiful song reminds me how very much they're worth it.

She
may be the song that summer sings
may be the chill that autumn brings
may be a hundred different things within the measure of a day...
She
may be the mirror of my dreams
the smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell...
She
may be the reason I survive
the why and wherefore I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough & ready years

Me
I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be
The meaning of my life is
She


*{song She from the movie Notting Hill; music & lyrics by Charles Aznavour
   and Herbert Kretzmer}

3 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Beautiful song and even more beautiful daughters!

Yes living with teens and tweens can be difficult but oh so worth it... Love you!

traci said...

oh leah i love that. it is so true. it may get a little rocky for ya at times, but on the other side of those stones, is a wonderful friendship with a woman that you will be happy to call your daughter. xo!!!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah, These two are beautiful . . something about those eyes. Enjoy them all you can, you are making some beautiful memories with them. Lots of blessings, Sandy:O)