Friday, November 19

The Friends I've Never Met

I'm a shy stay-at-home mom of a tween and a teen.  I don't get out much.  My social calendar is...well...it's certainly not full.  But, my life is.  And, I wouldn't trade my "job" for anything; I feel very fortunate.  Still, sometimes I miss the connections and conversations I once had when I worked outside the home.  You know, the kind you get with other adults.

Two and a half years ago, my dearest & closest friend Sheila, encouraged me to start a blog {for which I am eternally grateful...thanks Sheila!} and a whole "new world" opened up to me. Those connections I'd been missing, I found in the land of blogs.  Girl talk, encouraging words, creative ideas...from amazing, talented, fun women...all at my fingertips.  Today, some of these ladies have become very dear to me; they are the friends I've never met.
Andrea-- one of my first blog buddies, we share a love of vintage things, sparkly stuff, and Dino{aka Dean Martin}.  She's such a sweet, sweet gal and she reminds me to see the beauty in everyday.

Alice--a very talented and creative artist, photographer, and decorating "diva"; I'm always inspired by her work and words.

Becky-- so very real and down-to-earth, she's like a breath of fresh air.  I usually leave her blog with lifted spirits and a hopeful heart.

Jeanne-- an incredibly gifted lady...so funny & courageous...I want to be like her when I grow up:)

Kasey-- she makes me laugh, cry, and everything in between.  One heck of a writer, we go way back:)  When my mother passed away in March 2009, Kasey mentioned so on her blog and asked her readers to offer me sympathy.  I received dozens of comforting comments and one of the kindest gestures ever {thanks again, K}.

Tracey-- a decorating genius...I admire and adore her sense of style. She's the one most likely to make me drool over her lovely photos and decor. I wish I could put together a table setting like she does:)

Traci-- hands down, the best portrait photographer ever {at least in my book}!  She's warm & friendly, and a country girl to boot:)  At the risk of sounding kinda like a stalker, Traci seems more like an "old" friend you never get to see often enough; the kind of pal you wished lived next door.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I wanted to give thanks to these friends I've never met.  Somehow, they know me.  I know them.  And if any one of them showed up on my doorstep, I'd welcome them with open arms.

6 comments:

traci said...

oh leah, what a sweet post. thanks for the kind words. i feel the same way. I have "met" the greatest women in this crazy little community. I consider myself very lucky to have actually met some of these women in real life. i feel so blessed to have connected with you too. someday i hope to meet face to face. have a great day. xo!

Sheila Rumney said...

These are true friends, kindred spirits that you never find at work. So glad you have found these lovely ladies and more especially they found what an incrediably, amazing, creative and caring person you are. You are a treasure I cherish each day dear friend. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh Leah you are so, so sweet! You are one of my first blogging buddies and I have always enjoyed catching up with you here and reading your warm words for me on mine ;) You have always been faithful and true even when others have come and gone. Blessings to you dear friend!

Jeanne Oliver said...

This is so kind!!! I know we all would feel the same way if you were on our doorsteps.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah,

So thoughtful of you to say such kind words about your blog friends. I'm so happy I found the world of blogging. I too have met some really neat people . . . YOU! Have a happy weekend, Sandy:O)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Awww thank you sweet friend. I feel the same about you. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It's good to be home:)