Friday, September 3

Rare Affection

This teen-ager of mine...she's stingy with the hugs and kisses.  She rarely offers them to me and never in public.   Nope, PDAs are not her thing.  I know she loves me; and most days, she tells me so.  But, sometimes, I just want a hug.  Brynn, please give me a hug.  She's made me a beggar, she's turned me into a thief...all for the sake of a warm embrace.  So, what's a momma to do?!  Well, bribery works.  And so does good ol' fashioned guilt.  That's how I got the rare display of affection shown here.  It was my birthday, after all.  Thanks for the hug, Queen B...best gift ever.

{photos by brett}

5 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

So glad you captured these moments. I too know that they are few and far between with teenagers!

Wonderful pictures and what a great b-day present!

Farmgirl Paints said...

I would do whatever it takes too. I NEED my love. Sweet pics. Have a great weekend.

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Precious, precious photos! I just love my kids too much too! Sandy :O)

Jeanne Oliver said...

Those days are not too far away for me...I would beg too:-)

traci said...

Aawwwww. So sweet. We take whatever we can get.