Tuesday, September 7

Plaid Pleaser

When my girls were younger, I dressed them in adorable outfits with cute accessories.  I'd buy them the latest fashions and stylish shoes, too; but, somehow...somewhere along this path of motherhood...I've seemed to have lost my sense of style.  According to my daughters, anyway.

These days, it seems, if Mom gives an item the "thumbs up", then my daughters turn up their noses and put it back on the rack!  Lately, when we shop together, if I touch a top or dress or whatever, it's suddenly so not cool.  Imagine my surprise, then, when we all agreed on this little plaid pleaser for my eleven-year-old.  True, I didn't pick it out...Brynn did.  And,  as soon as Reilly tried it on, she loved the blouse.  I did, however, give it two "thumbs-up" though and  Reilly still wanted it.  So, perhaps I still have a little sense left!

6 comments:

traci said...

I remember those days shopping with Karlie. I had to use reverse psychology. It's an adorable top. She looks cute.

Jocelyn said...

that is a really cute top! sadly my daughter is starting this phase too...when we pick out her next day school clothes, nothing is "cute" enough. uuuggg! what kind of fashion monster have I created? LOL:-) it is fun seeing their individuality though.

Unknown said...

She looks adorable Leah! I love plaid!! My almost 9 year old doesn't seem to want to wear what I tell her to anymore, apparently mom becomes "uncool" pretty early in a child's life.

Hugs ~

:) T

p.s. I'm so glad you liked your tea towels. Thanks so much for the email! :)))

Kasey said...

I've given up completely.
I guess that gives me more money to shop for myself then because all lola wants to wear are jeans and a tshirt.
oh well!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah, Oh, do I remember that when I would shop with my daughter Cassandra. If I liked it, she hated it . . too funny now. Have fun with them and enjoy the memories you're making together. Sandy:O)

Sheila Rumney said...

It is a very cute top! See Mom's do have style... just don't tell our girls!