Wednesday, September 29

Doorknob Delight

Because neither of us was able to attend JunkBonanza, {my bff} Sheila and I did the next best thing:
we spent a day "junking"/"antiquing" at some of our favorite local shops. Among one of the million many things I'm drawn to is architectural salvage; particularly old doors & windows, shutters, and vintage doorknobs.  Like this pretty pair...

and these beauties...
 then I bring them home and find a way for my handyman husband {power tools & I don't mix} to repurpose these treasures.  The glass pair will become part of a "hubby-made" curtain rod that we'll use in our master bedroom.  What's in store for the creamy-speckled knobs?  A simple little project I saw in the summer issue of SomersetLife...one for me & one for Sheila. And that's the real beauty of these delightful doorknobs...often they come in pairs...perfect for sharing with a friend who loves them as much as you do!


3 comments:

traci said...

those are beauties. i have two old ones that have wire attached to them and the hold a picture. really cute. can't wait to see what you are doing with yours.

Farmgirl Paints said...

those are really pretty. you did good:)

Sheila Rumney said...

So much fun going junkin together! Can't wait for the next time dear friend!!!