Monday, October 5

What Goes Up...


...must come down. And down it did! Right in our yard. Yesterday evening, while we were eating our Sunday supper, I heard a strange "whoosh" noise{it's really hard to put the sound into words, so think "whoosh"...on steroids}. My hubby said "it's just the furnace"; now, we've lived in this house for 5 years and I've never heard the furnace sound like that. Reilly, being curious, opened the front door, peeked outside, and turned back to the dining room with a surprised look on her face. She said, "there's a hot-air balloon outside"...what??!
Naturally, we all jumped up to take a look. Sure enough, there it was, a big balloon on our street,
being deflated...just a few yards from our front door. We missed the actual landing {darn!}, but Brett & my Dad were able to get these photos for me. So, if you think life is dull "in the country", think again. To paraphrase Dorothy: "if I ever go looking for [wonder & excitement], I won't look any further than my own [front] yard!"



*image placed on photos to protect identities

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Leah! That is pretty amazing...certainly would be big happenings in my neck of the woods!!!

:) T

Farmgirl Paints said...

That's pretty exciting. I would love to ride in a hot air balloon.

Sheila Rumney said...

What a neat site! I have never been that close to a hot air balloon!

Kasey said...

gorgeous!!!
xo

Jeanne Oliver said...

We had that happen at our home to. Back before there were other homes in our neighborhood a hot air balloon flew right past our home...truly yards...and landed behind our home. It was so beautiful.