Sunday, October 11

Knockout Roses

From April through October, these flowers are truly knockouts in our yard. Blooming profusely & growing continuously...spring, summer, & fall...without me even touching the shrubs. Not much tender-loving-care required, making these knock-out roses "champs" to me.

Alas, like most everything, they are not perfect and these roses don't last forever. So, whenever I see them start to fade and wilt, I know that soon a new champion will reign. The season I dread each year will bring its freezing temps and snow and then those pink-red blooms will go down for the count. While old man winter throws some punches, these roses will sleep. And all the while, I'll anxiously await the arrival of spring...'til April shows up and some beautiful buds come out swinging again!

3 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Thank goodness those knockout roses are only down for the count for a few short months!

Jeanne Oliver said...

Oh, I need roses like that!!! I had some gorgeous yellow roses for a few years and this year they barely made a show. I am not a gardener!!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Those are so gorgeous!! Love the vibrant color. We had snow on the ground this morning:0 So not ready for that yet.