
It's the season of giving thanks...and giving back. Normally, when I give to charities, I write a check & stick it in the mailbox. Sometimes, though, it's more fun & meaningful to do a little more. This past weekend, when the girls & I popped into our local Build-a-Bear store, some Marines were there taking donations for their
Toys For Tots Foundation. So, instead of getting another stuffed animal for themselves, Reilly picked out a cute lil' dog and Brynn took him to the stuffing machine to get this pup filled with fluff. After we picked out a shirt and made our purchase, the girls placed our little friend into the collection box, smiled at the Marines, & we went on our merry way. Better than sending a check in the mail any day. Giving...it does a heart good.

P.S. The furry friends pictured belong to Reilly..."born" on a previous visit to BABW.
4 comments:
Christmas is such a wonderful time of year to give.
we "adopt a family" each year and it feels wonderful.
k-
What a great way to "give" instead of sending a check. And for the girls to get involved...priceless!
That is the true spirit of giving. I always wish I could be a little mouse and see the child opening the gift from our family. I can only imagine.
What a great idea. I've been wanting to build a bear with my Rylie and maybe we'll donate a couple while we're at it. Great idea! And thank you so much for the well wishes. She will be missed for sure. Happy holidays honey!
Post a Comment