Friday, November 14

November Nuptials

Thirty-eight years ago on this November day, my aunt & uncle were married. Roberta and Charlie became Mr. & Mrs. And on that day of nuptials, I walked down the aisle, too. As the flower girl. I was young, only four years old. Daughter to one of the bride's sisters, niece and goddaughter to the bride. Chosen to be the flower girl and just tickled pink about it. I remember the beautiful green velvet dress I wore {oh-so-soft}, my hair all done up in curls, & feeling so special to be a part of that special day. I even remember Anthony, the ringbearer...I think I might have been a little smitten with him then. What I don't remember is walking down the aisle. Walking so very slowly. Painfully slowly. My mom remembers and that's how I know. Actually, I don't remember the ceremony at all. Guess I was too young, or I blocked it out. So sad that my fear of "public speaking" {although I didn't speak} reared its' ugly head even then. The reception I remember. Party time. Party fun. And the pressure was off. Happy, Happy Anniversary Aunt Roberta & Uncle Charlie! Love you:)

1 comment:

Kasey said...

you looked darling!