I admit it, I didn't vote for Barack Obama; I voted for the other guy. But I'm not bitter and I'm not sad. I am proud & hopeful. Proud to have been a voter in an election that became an historic happening. Hopeful that the President-elect will try to bring change, try to do some good as our Commander-in-Chief. Proud and hopeful that we Americans, perhaps, are able to look past race or party and cast our votes based on {as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. so eloquently said}: "the content of [one's] character". In my opinion, both candidates were chock full of that. So yes, even though McCain didn't win, I am proud. And I'm full of hope for our country...for its' future and its' promise. Who knows, maybe, in my lifetime, we the people will vote for a Mrs. President.
Friday, November 7
Historic Happening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
He's going to do great.
I didn't care for either one, but knowing what mess we are in now, there is nowhere to go but up.
k-
Well said Leah. Here's hoping that the long road ahead of us is smoother and, dare I say, brighter than we can imagine. God knows we're all going to need some imagination!
Love your attitude on that! I hope that more people come to that realization too ;) (Although I must admit I am super biased towards Barack ;)
Post a Comment