Today is the day I was born...42 years ago. Wow...can I really be forty-something? I tell ya, the gal in the mirror staring back at me, with her laugh lines and silvering locks {silver is such a prettier color than gray}, well, hers is a face a bit foreign to me. Doesn't quite fit with the image I think I'm going to see...but then, I look a little closer...and, oh yeah, there I am. So, here I sit, on my forty-second birthday and feeling fine with that. Fine with 42. There's a song I love, called The Story and the words just seem so right to me:
"All of these lines across my face / Tell you the story of who I am / So many stories of where I've been / And how I got to where I am..."
With each birthday, comes more stories, more experiences, more lessons learned. And I am so fine with that. At forty-two, I hope that I'm a bit wiser, more inspired, less selfish. I know that I'm happier than I've ever been, I am blessed beyond belief, & I'm more comfortable in my own skin. So, I'll take the lines and the silvery hair and the birthdays...all the birthdays I can get. Just think of what my story will be when I'm 84!



3 comments:
Happy birthday, dear, sweet friend! Hope you days was special!
Happy Birthday!!!
Hope you had a great weekend.
k-
Happy Birthday...a little late! I loved your words of wisdom.
Post a Comment