Monday, August 11

Craftin' Love

My newfound love for vintage jewelry, especially
clip-on earrings, is no secret. My friend Sheila & I search for these lil' gems in any antique store or flea market we can find. Recently, we each have even scored some pairs on ebay. Besides using them for crafts & home decor, she & I like to do a little swapping of our finds. Sharing the earrings we find is especially fun & easy; they usually come in pairs! Last Saturday, Sheila gave me a bunch of earrings to add to my stash...and two of them were just perfect for the vintage beach theme I have going on in my bathroom! Adding these earrings to my decor was easy; I just clipped one to my glitter-glass encrusted anchor and the other I clipped to a basket that hangs between the mirrors. So simple! So pretty! It really doesn't take much to please me...just shower me with "jewels"!





On Saturday evening, while our hubbies watched sports and the kids played, Sheila & I spent some time doing what we love: crafting! We both had been wanting to work on a project from the book Postmark LA and we finally got the chance. Glue guns fired up, supplies scattered all around us, lots of chatting between us, Sheila & I had a great time creating our own "heart of art". Great fun and we each ended up with a sweet work of heart...ahem...I mean art:)




5 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

I am glad you were able to use those beachy earrings. I so enjoyed our time together and creating!!!!

Love ya,

Sheila

Kasey said...

great projects!

Molly said...

Love the heart project, especially the color combos! Hope all is well with you.
Molly

Bethie - Chic Junque said...

I, too, adore vintage/antique clip-on earrings. I started making them into bracelets about 2 years ago (I have a pic on my blog). I just always wonder who wore them, and to what occasion. I love your art project. cute, cute, cute!

Danielle Dyball said...

Your heart looks wonderful!! Very pretty!