Monday, August 4

Gram's Gems


Recently, my Aunt Roberta sent me somethin' special...some costume jewelry that belonged to Gram, my maternal grandmother. What a treasure these are! Not much monetary value, I suppose, but Gram's gems hold so much sentimental value that it makes them priceless to me. Looking at these beauties, memories come flooding back to me, and I am there again: Gram's house, where clusters of clip-on earrings, brooches, & necklaces covered every dresser top in every bedroom. With an attic packed full of so many "treasures" cast aside, just waiting for another generation to discover them. I think the reason why I love exploring antique stores and flea markets so much is because these places remind me of my grandmother's home. Every nook & cranny filled with "new" old prizes to find. Yes, gram's place was a lot like that. But the one thing I can't find at any antique shop that could always be found at Gram's...more precious than any jewel...was a home filled with love and family.

4 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

What wonderful treasures!

SL said...

Family treasures are priceless! I so glad you have them to enjoy.

Jessi Nagy said...

aaahhh they are wonderful.
oxoxo,
jessi

Kasey said...

what great treasures!
love the new signiture.
k-