Yesterday was an ordinary day for me. Wake up, feed the dog, take the girls to school, grocery shopping, haircut appointment...the usual drill.
And it led to a perfectly ordinary evening. While my daughters were nestled next to me watching some silly show, I sat snug on our sofa happily hopping through blogland.
And then...wham...I'm sucker-punched by another mother's worst nightmare.
A mother who buried her beloved son just days ago. A tragic accident.
It could've been mine. It could've been yours. Instead, it was hers. I don't know her nor can I begin to know her pain. It's unfathomable. Still, I weep. I pray. And my heart aches for this mother.
Because, what I do know...what I can fathom...is a mother's love for her child.
As I read Anna's words about her beautiful boy, my heart swelled.
Her loss is the worst kind; but, her love is the best. And it reminded me how reckless I've been with these ordinary days.
Reckless of me to not see them for what they truly are: precious gifts. And my beautiful daughters...they are blessings to behold each and every second of every one of our ordinary days.
*For Anna~ Though we are strangers{and you might never read this}, I wish I could give you some sort of solace. Your loss is so great and so sudden; I truly am very sorry for the grief you have to bear. I hope it brings you a bit of comfort to know that your love...and Jack's love...has inspired so many people in so many ways.
*For Anna~ Though we are strangers{and you might never read this}, I wish I could give you some sort of solace. Your loss is so great and so sudden; I truly am very sorry for the grief you have to bear. I hope it brings you a bit of comfort to know that your love...and Jack's love...has inspired so many people in so many ways.





6 comments:
that is the worst nightmare. by heart breaks for her.
it is very easy to let the tasks of everyday life take over and cloud what is truly important. thanks for this post, a sad reminder to hold those we love super close. xo!
i cried yesterday over two of my blogging friends. one lost a child a year ago and another a mother a few days ago. two of the worst kinds of pain i can imagine. you're right every day is precious...even in the ordinary.
Those are reality checks . . so hard to understand. So important to love on our kids even when they're rebellious. Celebrate everyday. Blessings, Sandy:O)
thank you, leah
Yes - every day with our children is a gift. The future is uncertain - and we have to appreciate each precious day. Love to you (and beautiful images!)
It is so true...we let so many precious moments slip by often without even grasping what it is we have right before us.....within our reach!
We can only learn to treasure our own loved ones and friends when we hear of losses such as these. It is truly a tragic thing to lose a child.
Carmelina.
your photos are so rich, they truly match the depth and beauty of the words in your post.
Post a Comment