For a long time now, I've had a "love affair" with mercury glass...especially the ornaments from yesteryear. I guess you could say I'm mad for mercury and that's why I keep a jar of vintage ones in my scraproom all year long.
When we were kids, every year at Christmastime, my brother & I would help Dad carry boxes and boxes of glass ornaments from the attic. One by one, they'd get hung on the tree, and paired with tinsel, the mercury glass helped make our tree shimmer & shine.
While my parents always favored the traditional colors like red, green, gold & blue, I much prefer the pretty pastels...the kind Dad refers to as "tutti-frutti". Pinks, aquas, turquoise, & creams; these colors make me smile. Like yummy ice cream flavors...
in glass!
This year, some very special ornaments were added to my growing collection of mercury glass. My bff Sheila gave me these two beauties{along with a few others};they once belonged to her dear grandmother. Treasures I will be "mad for" for many years to come.






7 comments:
Oh so pretty Leah. Those are my favorite kind too...and I love the tutti frutty colors. Those are THE best:)
Leah..those are so pretty.
Love the colors.
xo
Hiya Sweetie! I love your photo frames...they are grand!!! such a chic and elegant way to wrap a pretty photo!
just wanted to let you know that I made the Pumpkin Bread today..and oh my goodness...it's our new favourite! I love it, the kids love it and so does the hubster! I used Pumpkin seeds in place of the walnuts, as I am not a fan of WALnuts! lol
thanks for sharing! it just might be our new family tradition!..
have a great night...
come by and peek at how I spent my afternoon today! besides baking, that is!
ciao bella
creative carmelina
i love vintage ornaments. you have some beauties. i should keep mine out all year. i never thought of that.
Hi Leah, pastels are my favorite too! I would love to do an all white Christmas, but I just have to have color . . Hope you are enjoying the twinkle! Sandy:O)
Tutti Frutti... I love that description from your dad! Love your pics dear, sweet friend!
Oh I love those pastel mercury glass baubles too, Leah! What a sweet memory you have of your dad and you dragging the decorations from the attic....and that wonderful anticipation of decorating the tree together! Priceless.
Post a Comment