Saturday, June 19

"Where This Blogger Creates"

Ms. Valentine is hosting another
Where Bloggers Create party. 
And this year, I didn't want to miss out on all the fun!    Please, come in for a spell...
Welcome to my humble lil' scraproom.  And say hello to Frances {the dress form}...she arrived this spring and has found a cozy spot for herself.
When we first moved to this house,
I didn't really have a room for creating...just a desk & some cabinet space in the kitchen. 
 Three years ago, when my stepdaughter Tasha was in college
 and moved to an apartment, we let her have our old living room furniture.
I figured I'd let the living room sit empty
until I decided how to redecorate it. 
To my delight, my dear hubby suggested we turn the room into a studio for me...and all my "scrapbook stuff".
We painted the walls a warm yellow and added a glaze  that brings just a touch of shimmer to the room. Of course, I wanted lots of  shabby & chic things in my creative space!  And when the afternoon sun shines in here, the room
just glows.  It is definitely my "happy place"!
The two cabinets in these photos were built for me by my dear hubby.  He's quite the handyman!  The cabinet above hides my printer and all the "ugly" stuff that
goes with a computer.  In the drawers I store stamps, punches, and mini-album kits.
The cabinet below stores all my cardstock and patterned papers.
My creative space is not just a place for me to play & create, it's also my sanctuary. 
And it's a place that reflects me...and the things I love. 
Like mercury glass and ironstone.Vintage suitcases, millinery, & jewelry. Family photos, worn books and old buttons.

I feel extremely lucky to have a room of my own.  It makes me smile...it's the place where
 I can explore my creative side and just be me. 

I do hope you enjoyed visiting the room
"where this blogger creates"...come back anytime!



51 comments:

Susan said...

Oh I love leaving the first comment. Well your space is wonderful. I love yellow walls! Thanks for giving us a peek and also for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. Susan

Queen Bee said...

What a beautiful space!
Queen Bee Studio

zandra said...

What a lovely creative space. Isn't it grand to have it all to yourself! ;o) So, enjoyed my visit with you. Enjoy the rest of the party.
Hugz,
Zandra

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh girl your space is beautiful! And another thing is the way your frame and display your photos. You need to do a tutorial on that. Just unique and lovely:)

Sheila Rumney said...

I just love your space. Each and every detail, dear friend.

Lori said...

Leah, I just LOVE your space! How fortunate you are. I am a follower and am so inspired by you! We are kindred spirits as I love shabby; anything vintage, and having them close at hand. My room is my sanctuary as well. I'm so thrilled you shared your space with us and I'm doubly thrilled that you visited mine! Thank you!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Leah, I am so jealous . . just love, love your studio. Wow, very impressive and done so nice. I could so get lost in there, looks like a fun place to create. Love the pic of you too . . your hubby is quite talented, those are some really nice cabinets he built for you, how sweet of him. You must be a very special person to have such a nice space of your own. Thanks for sharing the pics, enjoyed them. Sandy:O)

Anonymous said...

yes, i am blissfully drooling!
your studio space is wonderful!

i have that same scrapping caddy, and love it...the lazy susan of crafting! hehe....

and the photo of you at the end..posing in your creative space...just perfect!

great job....
all of your photo framed pictures....what a great, vintage look to your blog!
thanks so much for giving me a peek ... i don't know what it is to see someone elses creative space..but like I said, i'm drooling!!!! lol

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Robin said...

Cardstock, Handymen and Happyplaces, Oh My! Wonderful space! ~Robin~

Tammy said...

What a great hubby to say - take the room. I did the same thing. I took over the formal dining room..why waste a room that only gets used a couple of times when it can be used daily and loved.
I love your room - so cozy and inspiring.
tammy

Pellie / Penny said...

Your creative space is lovely and so nicely organized. Hope your enjoying having a sanctuary to your self.

Chris said...

I love your creative space! It's so soothing and pretty. All your vintage pieces are wonderful.
Best wishes,
Chris

www.curbyscloset.com/blog/

Decor To Adore said...

What an amazing space you have created! You have inspired me to add to my own crafting area.

I adore all of your storage solutions.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the color and all that light, its so dreamy. Lovely space, thank you for sharing.

Jeanne said...

Leah, your shabby studio is wonderful. How great to have a handy hubby who can make those beautiful cabinets for you!
xo
jeanne

Karen Valentine said...

Hi Leah! Thank you so much for joining the party and taking us on this wonderful tour of your "happy place" I thoroughly enjoyed it! The room is just lovely and feels very warm and inviting! Loved the photos too! Have a great time hopping!!
xo,
Karen
My Desert Cottage

Claudia said...

Beautiful space - with such lovely light. How fun to take over the living room and make it your studio.

traci said...

Leah, your studio is amazing. love every inch of it!!!! so many fun treasures in it too. your husband does beautiful work!! just wondering, where did you get the cute frames you use in your blog posts?

Susan Houseman said...

I love your studio space, my studio is also painted a warm yellowish color. I really like what you did with the heart wreath on top of the wooded boards.

Gypsy Fish said...

Such a pretty and spacious area to create and "scrap". I'm sure amazing things are created there!
gypsy hugs
Beth

Isabel said...

Hi!! I soo enjoyed visiting your creative space!! So inspiring and organized Tahnk you for sharing~ Isabel

Angelique said...

I like your colorchoice for the walls very much. In addition with your furniture choice it looks very very chic and I can imagine that you spend many happy hours in your room !
Love to come back to see what you are up to.

Kind regards,
Angelique

craftyles said...

Love your space. The dress form is awesome. You are lucky to have a husband who built you your cabinets.

Kelly Lish said...

Such a beautiful place-I'll be back for lots more visits! Nice to meet you!

D. Jean Quarles said...

Such a warm and lovely room. You are so fortunate. Have a great week.

Roxie said...

Beautiful! Would love to know what your "inspiration" squares are made of.

Roxie said...

Beautiful! Would love to know what your "inspiration" squares are made of.

kluless said...

Your space is just beautiful. I love all the vintage pieces. Thank you for sharing.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

What a wonderful space! I love the color of your walls and your desk is fab! Have fun visiting all the other spaces - this is so fun! Thank you for sharing your very pretty space!

Terri said...

Love the room and all the items you have in it...Truely a sanctuary indeed. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Jillayne said...

I enjoyed my tour very much - your room is just lovely. I really like the yellow colour on the walls and your furniture is just perfect!

Geralyn Gray said...

You have a great space.....I love how you arranged all the pictures on your blog also

donna joy said...

great room-very cheery!

Romeo said...

Your husband is wonderful and understanding to have suggested taking the living room for your own little spot!!! It's such a light-filled lovely space too!!! Love the vintage mixed in with your newer things!!! Great mix - beautiful!

Thanks for sharing!

Purrs!

Romeo and "her"

chasity said...

your creative space is so inspirational and gorgeous!

very organized too.

it would be easy to feel inspired in a place like this.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are one lucky lady. Not only did your hubby suggest you have your own craft room in your old living room, he built you some pretty impressive storage spaces, too. You have a warm and inviting studio, well appointed, and fun to look at. I spent a lot of time looking at your space. It is a charming place.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Thank you for visiting my space and thank you for the tour of yours. It is really beautiful! I Love the walls and the furniture is just gorgeous! I can totally see why it's your happy place!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great space; I love it, Leah! So pretty and I'll bet it's a pleasure to be in it.

Tricia said...

Your creative space is so beautiful, calming an delightful. I know you must really enjoy it very much. I think it is awesome that your husband made those cabinets for you - I especially love the antique white one. The finish is just perfect! I really enjoyed looking at your photo collage of the special things in your room. I love to scrapbook, but haven't done much in ages. Maybe one of these days I'll get back to it. Thanks for the inspirational tour. And thanks for stopping by my space.
Blessings,
Tricia

Debby said...

Hi Leah,
What a bright and beautiful space you have to create in , love it. Your work is beautiful, thanks for sharing. Love the post above with your sweet daughters.
Debby

Renee said...

What a wonderful scrapping space you have. Love it. And all the light in your room is great.

Sandy said...

What a super sweet husband you have to suggest turning the space into a studio! Love the builds he did too. Your studio is very beautiful and inspiring, thank you for sharing.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

You have a lovely studio. Your husband is a generous man making that suggestion. It looks like such a nice space to get creative. Thanks for the tour. Connie

fireythreads said...

thanks for sharing it looks lovely and i love the color i do need to get back into mine soon soon

NanE said...

Hi Leah, thanks for stopping by my blog! Your studio is wonderful and your presentation of the pictures is fab! I need to take lessons from you. Have a great weekend, Nan E

Angela Weimer said...

Sorry it has taken me so long to drop by and view your creative space but there have been so many to see along the way. Thanks for the wonderful tour of your beautiful room. I love how bright and warm it is. Your desk is great. thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela

Magpie's Mumblings said...

How nice to have a hubby that understands your need to have a space of your own and it's even better that he makes furniture for you! Enjoyed my visit - thank you.

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

What a wonderful space, so warm and cozy, yet very bright with all the natural light. Love the dress form... if she gets bored at your house, tell her she can move in here (lol)... Wonderful space!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning,
Your studio is so cheerful and inviting. I think the yellow is a wonderful choice.

Yes, I am still visiting the participants in the 'where bloggers create' event...and having a great time. Thank you for sharing your creative space with us. Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie

Maureen said...

Your space is just beautiful. Great choice on the paint color, it does look like a warm happy invinting space.
And I love all the shabby vintage details. It's a space I would love to work in.
Found you from Kim's staycation blog.

Anonymous said...

Being a scrapbooker/papercrafter myself I just love all the area you have to work on. I am have been a crafter for over 10 years but new to the blog world (2 wks!) Thank you for being a part of my inspiration today. I am going to become a follower. I hope that through time we can inspire each other~ Sherry F.