Wednesday, June 2

Tickled with Textures

For those of you who haven't figured it out by now, I love to fiddle around with my photos in Photoshop.  Actually, love may not be the proper word...it's more like addicted.  And I say "fiddle" because it's really mostly play for me; I certainly don't think I've mastered much in Photoshop.  It's all trial & error.  Anyway, it seems lately, I can't get enough texture in my photo world.  I am so tickled with textures and what I can do with a photo just by layering or blending a few textures on it. 

Here's a photo that is straight out of the camera {sooc}


And here it is after I added some texture to it:

I just can't get over the effect!  Like I said, I've become  "addicted" to Photoshop.  So, it's a good thing I found this guy and his wonderful, amazing textures.  And do you want to know the best part?  They're free!  Yes, Jerry is a really generous guy and all his textures are free.  {Just give him a word of thanks and he's happy.} So, if you haven't already, give textures a try and I bet you'll be tickled with the results, too.

6 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

Just love your photos and those textures!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Beautiful. All of you with your fancy effects. I just haven't gotten on that band wagon yet. But it sure looks lovely:)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Hi Leah, The second pic looks so vintage . . . I love it. Someone going to have some fun here . . Sandy

traci said...

those are gorgeous. love textures. especially free ones.

Anonymous said...

yes, i know you are the photoshop queen...for a long while i was only visiting your other blog...which was ONLY photos...
and when passion becomes addiction...therein lies a wonderful place to be! hehe


well done!

have a great and creative day!
ciao bella
creative carmelina

chasity said...

i just stumbled upon jerry yesterday and i was almost jumping up and down with excitement! his textures are beautiful. which one did you use for the lilac photo? it turned out magnificent!

have a beautiful weekend.

chasity