Tuesday, June 22

Beauty & the Beach

Despite {or perhaps because of} the fact that both my daughters were born in the midwest...and have never lived on a coast...Brynn & Reilly love, love, love the beach. 
Luckily for them, their Uncle Sean lives near Padre Island.
So, whenever we visit my brother,
we spend a day at the beach. 
The girls love the sand and the surf: building sandcastles
and splashing in the waves and soaking up some sun. 
And I always bring my camera to capture some moments of my beauties on the beach.
Reilly snapped this photo of her sister....who's looking a bit too grown-up for my liking! {Isn't it time for bathing suits of the 1920s & '30s to come back into style?}
As much as the girls enjoy being on the beach, they really like swimming in the sea, too.
Though you can't tell from these photos, my daughters are braver than their mom; I much prefer just "dipping my toes" in the water.  The two of them swim far from the shore{with Dad & Papa right beside them}, letting the waves crash around them. 
And can you believe these girls have fun body-surfing, too!?  Yes, my girls love the sea so much, sometimes I think I've given birth to fish!

4 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Oh those are sweet. I agree about the oldest looking grown up. Wow! I'm a big fan of the old-fashioned suits myself. They knew what they were doing back then;)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

What a memory . . cute kids! The last pic is so sweet . . just being sisters! My sister Debbie and I had some of best memories at the beach growing up . . Enjoy them! Sandy:O)

traci said...

your girls are beautiful. the legs on your oldest are never ending. she reminds me of my daughter. all legs. i love the beach too. who doesn't.

Renee said...

Your daughters are so pretty.
We love the beach. We are going next month to Tybee Island. I prefer the Gulf coast buy we all know what a mess that is this summer.

Anyway I can't wait to feel sand between my toes again.