"When the red red robin comes bob-bob-bobbing
along, along
There'll be no more sobbing when he starts
throbbing his old sweet song..."

There have been mornings,
when my daughters were slow in waking
and getting ready for school, that I would sing to them:
"Wake up, wake up you sleepy head,
Get up, get up, get out of bed..."
and then my girls would groan and
put pillows over their heads.
But it's a song I remember fondly from my childhood.
Because there were mornings, long ago,
when my mother thought we{my brother and I}
should have been out of bed hours earlier
and she'd roll up the shades and sing that little ditty to us.

"...cheer up, cheer up the sun is red,
live, love, laugh and be happy...
I'm just a kid again doing what I did again singing a song.
When the red red robin comes bob-bob-bobbing along."



3 comments:
hey sister, speak for yourself. I was always up on time and ready to go for everything. You were the lazy one. hehe, j.k.
Love you, seanito
sweet post...
i can just see it now~
:)
awwwww. so sweet. gorgeous photos leah.
Post a Comment