It's no secret that I like things shabby & worn. A little chipped paint...love it! A vintage vibe...adore it! Except when it comes to the kitchen. More specifically, my kitchen appliances. I like having them. And I like the convenience these appliances bring to my life. Like one of these:
I know for a fact my grandmother's kitchen wasn't equipped with a microwave. I don't know how she managed without one. But, I do know this: it is a major inconvenience when a modern convenience stops working. Only five years old and my microwave goes kaput. {Is it just me...or do appliances not last like they used to?} Luckily, I only had to do without one for a few days. Now, before you think it...yes, I know how spoiled I am. And yes, I could manage without a microwave just like my grandmother did. But, I'm pretty sure, if she were here, that Gram would "oooh & aaah" and want one, too!




4 comments:
OMG, I know what you mean, because this happened to me just after Christmas. My (can't live without it) microwave just died. Working one day, gone the next. It was very sad and as the days rolled along without "Mike" very frustrating, "he" had become very integral to all cooking and snacking processes! Just like when the power goes off and you keep clicking that switch, "mike" was the defroster/popcorn popper/bake potatoer/oatmeal maker/magic wonder of my kitchen. After Christmas cash flow issues forced us to borrow a very tiny microwave from MIL, but couldn't fit everything in it and it took much longer to cook things! Very happily, I have a new "Mike" but am wondering how long he will remain true!?
What would we do without our microwaves . . glad you got a new one. My back at home son uses ours all the time, he would go nuts without it. Have a happy Tuesday Leah!
i don't think they last as long as they used to either. i would be lost without mine too.
So true Leah! We love the old and chippy but we want the new and convenient as well!!! Hope your new one is even better than your old one...when we got our new one I couldn't believe what a fabulous bag of popcorn it made :)
Hugs ~
:) T
Post a Comment