Friday, February 26

Window View

I love windows. Big ones, small ones, new ones, old ones. Especially old ones. Put me in a room with a view and sunlight splashing in, and I am content. Given my fondness for windows, it should come as no surprise that every room in our house has at least one window in it. I love windows. Love looking out, love looking in. It's all about the view.
And sometimes, for me, the window is the view. I think old windows are so lovely with all their shabby features and chipped paint. And naturally, I love to decorate my home with them. A couple windows hang on the wall just as they are, one was refurbished into a mirror{thanks to my handy hubby}, and then there is my favorite window of all. Remember the little bird collage I made a few weeks ago? Well, it was just a part of a bigger project I wanted to create. I purchased this old window at a vintage market a few weeks before Christmas...loved it at first glance. Knew it would be just right for our home. And it waited while I began collecting bits & pieces, odds & ends, from my stash of scrapbook stuff and old trinkets. Using the panes to frame my artwork, I created mini collages for each section{two were missing glass}. Decorated with birds & nests, I love the view this window brings to our family room...where all my "chickadees" nestle together each day.

9 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Great idea...looks so cute in that corner:)

Sheila Rumney said...

Love it!!! Each and every detail is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! I love decorating with old windows...

Jeanne Oliver said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love altering old windows. So fun and how you transformed it is amazing.

Seizing My Day said...

I Love it! I love love old homes and the big old windows they come with! have you ever put mirrors in a window? My step mom had a red window with mirrors in it ... it was lovely!
Just Jenn~ Seizingmyday.com

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

What a cute, cute idea! Looks really charming in the family room . . anything decorated with birds, nature are my favorite. Now to find a good garage sale . . Enjoy your weekend!

Unknown said...

FABULOUS! I love to decorate with windows too...yours is sooooooo creative...wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:) T

p.s. I got the carte postal texture from my friend Traci...I told her she should have a giveaway for it on her blog...I'll announce it on my blog when she does!

SL said...

You are so creative! I still have an old window to play with...maybe I try my hand at one like yours.

traci said...

oh my gosh leah - I LOVE THAT!!!! it is so beautiful.