For years & years, my mother collected Santa Claus figurines. Big, little, tall, short, fancy, plain, chubby, jolly...you name a kind and she probably has one. Her collection of Santas grew so large that when Dad & Mom built their home{next door to us}, they had custom-made cabinets put in to house all those Santas.
Every Christmas, my mother would receive a Santa or two as gifts. And, since my parents' anniversary falls on December 11th, Dad would always purchase a special Santa for Mom. This year, Mom is no longer with us. Like the rest of us, Mom's Santas seem a bit sadder without her, but they'll still be put on display.
And this sparkle Santa, one I found at a vintage market a few weeks ago, will add his shine to the rest of Mom's Santas. So many Santas, so many memories. Mom loved them so...she loved us more. And maybe, just maybe, her Santas can still put a little "ho-ho-ho" in our hearts.



5 comments:
Isn't it wonderful how things can bring back so many wonderful memories? Wishing you a wonderful holiday!
Let your dear mom's wonderful santa collection bring happy thoughts and wonderful memories of her to you during this beautiful Christmas season!!
Blessings Leah ~
:) T
I hope all those little Santa's make you feel her presence in a big way...like a giant hug from her. Sending some prayers your way... I know how hard the holidays can be.
I know this year will be hard but it is so wonderful that you have things that were special to her...and that must bring a little bit of comfort.
I believe a little bit of your mother is in everyone of those santas. I lost my mother October 2002 and when I took out some of her faux boxwood garland this year it still smelled like her house. I remember like it was yesterday where she put it and it feels so comforting. I hope every year your search for santas continues and you find a special place for them in your home!
Happy Holidays! I would love for you to follow my blog, and I look forward to following yours!
Megan
Post a Comment