Remember the old 45 records? One song on Side A and another {usually the lesser known one} on Side B...well, if I could choose 2 songs to sum up my feelings about life lately, it would be these two:
I Wonder
Lucky
My family's been dealt a lot of grief lately. A lot. And when I first heard I Wonder {performed by Chris Isaak} I just sobbed. The words hit really close to home...to what's been in my heart:
"When I was younger, I believed that dreams came true/ Now I wonder/"Cuz I've seen much more dark clouds than blue/Now I wonder/I keep on praying for a blue sky/I keep on searching through the rain/I keep on thinking of the good times/Will they ever come again?..."
But, on the flip side, I still know that I am lucky. Overall, my life has been good & wonderful. And I do feel blessed ~and grateful~ for all I've been given...even when my heart aches. So, whenever I hear the song Lucky {performed by Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat}, I sing along because I do feel:
"Lucky I'm in love with my best friend/Lucky to have been where I have been/Lucky to be coming home again..."

Both songs came be found on my playlist at the bottom of my blog.



5 comments:
Know that with every cloudly and rainy day that God gives us the rainbow. A rainbow to give us hope and strength to know that once again God will give us the sunny days too. My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Love you,
Sheila
you are always in my thoughts and prayers!
xo
Those sunshine days will come again but it's OK to feel burdened with sorrow sometimes. You've had more than most in the past few months and sometimes all we can do is pray for the strength to get through the hard times. What a blessing you have a close family to hold each other up right now. What a great flip side!
So sorry to hear that life has been rough lately...glad you are able to see the sunshine through the rain though!
Even though things have been hard lately...you have such a sweet outlook at what is good too. I am sorry that you have had some sadness lately.
Post a Comment