Friday, February 27

Matter of Months

We prayed for the best-case scenario...but the results of Mom's PET scan couldn't have been worse. Stage IV lung cancer; treatment, for a number of reasons, is not an option. One doctor, when my mother asked how much time she had left, said it was "a matter of months." Another one guessed anywhere from 6 months to a year. Devastating news for a family still reeling from our devastating loss last December {the death of my sister-in-law, Janie}. Finding joy these days is difficult; holding on to hope with a prognosis like that, next to impossible. All we know how to do right now is to hold on to each other. We cry, we hug, we hold on...& treasure each day that comes with these precious few months Mom is still with us.

5 comments:

Sheila Rumney said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your mom and your family. May God continue to give you the strength and comfort. May you find the small blessing he gives to you each day.

Kasey said...

yes, my thoughts and prayers are with you Leah!!
xo

SL said...

Continue to enjoy and love every moment. May you feel God's pressence in every day and may He give you strength! Please know you are in my prayers.

RobinfromCA said...

I am so sorry to read about this. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope that you will find comfort and blessings in every moment you have left with your sweet mom.

Warm hugs,
Robin

Kari said...

Hi Leah,

I found you through Lola B's... I am so very sorry to hear what you are going through right now. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you are able to find some peace during this difficult time. My heart breaks for you...

-Kari