There's a book out now that I heard about called Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser.
It's a compilation of individuals summing up their "life stories" in six words. I haven't read it yet; but it sounds interesting and I think I may get a copy. Anyhoo, the book (and another blogger I came across) got me thinking and I decided to try & come up with some "six-word memoirs" of my own. It was kind of fun once I started and I had to grab pencil & paper to write them all down. And here's what I came up with:
~An early wallflower, late to bloom.
~Wife, mother, sister, daughter and friend.
~Stories, stories, stories and more stories.
~The fairytale really did come true.
~Not perfect, but she keeps trying.
~Lives out loud, laughs and loves.
~Lost my childhood along the way.
~Found bliss in a mocha frappuccino.
~No one ever listens to me.
I think my favorite ones, though, would have to be these three:
~Family matters and every day chatter.
~Exactly where I want to be.
~My husband, my children, my world.
I was on a roll but I finally had to make myself stop thinking in six word sentences! Maybe I'll come up with more for another day. So, what about you? How would you sum up your life story in just six words?
Friday, July 25
Sum it up with Six Words
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Teaching defined me for many years.
Being a Grandmother is a joy.
My pets are my children too.
Perfect, secure childhood and teen years.
Calming daily chats with God soothe.
My family and friends are comfort.
My mother is elderly but wise.
A butterfly out of the cocoon.
Creativity waiting to burst forth soon.
I could go on and on but I won't. This reminds me of part of a poetry (Haiku)assignment in school.
Thanks,
Loretta
I forgot one:
Chocolate goddess extraordinaire~~menopause no problem!
Yard/estate sales in my blood.
Family heirlooms are so precious now.
Wicked personality with touch of class.
Maverick rebel who carves own path.
Low-key but the Lexapro helps!
I'm stopping now....again!
Loretta
looks good!
k-
Family, friends grow in my garden. Wife and mother, my greatest joy. Creating a better place through love.
Post a Comment